In 1946, three real brothers
(Mr. Mohammed Safder, Mr. Mohammed Ashraf and Mr.
Mohammed Akram) established a partnership company under
the name Hillerich Brothers for the production and
export of surgical instruments. This company had initial
success and started selling its products in India while
first exports went to Turkey in the same year.
A few years later two
younger brothers (Mr. Mohammed Nasir and Mr. Masud
Ahmed) started similar business under the name of
Surgical Corporation. With increase in damand, it became
necessary to enlarge the production. A larger production
facility was established in 1954 that was further
expanded in the coming years.
In 1954, the company made its
first export of surgical instruments by any Pakistani
company to United States of America. Mr. Mohammed Ashraf,
Cheif Executive, made a long trip to Middle East, Europe,
United Kingdom, USA and Canada in 1958 to establish
personal contacts with the buyers and expand the sales
In the year 1961, both
companies, Hillerich Brothers & Surgical Corporation,
joined hands and formed a new company called Hilbro
(Pvt.) Limited, which was later joined by two yonger
brothers, Mr. Ejaz Ahmed and Mr. Pervaiz Iqbal.
In 1962, Mr. Ashraf made
another trip to Middle East, Scandinavia, Europe, U.K.,
USA and Canada meeting various buyers and ordering latest
machinery from Germany, UK and USA to mechanize its
production facilities. The installation of new machinery
helped to increase production volume and improved quality.
Company continued to progress
and due to further increase in demand, it was decided to
move to a larger facility in Small Industrial Estate,